This is a recipe that was very cheap this week, since all the ingredients were on sale. I love this sausage recipe, it’s also cheap and you get a lot of food from just one large sausage. I got 7 portions off of one. All of the ingredients cost about 2,50€ and with 7 portions, 1 portion is about 35.7 cents! If you add some of the pasta I got on sale too, then 1 portion is about 50 cents. That’s 3.50€ for all 7 portions – a true bargain!
1 falukorv (large sausage)
2.5 dcl cream (one cup)
75 gr grated cheese
1-2 teaspoons soy sauce
Salt & pepper
1. Take the skin of the sausage if it has one that’s removable.
2. Make incisions in the sausage like the picture above shows.
3. Put mustard and tomato purée in the incisions.
4. Salt and pepper the sausage. Then put it in a deep oven safe glassware.
5. In a separate bowl, mix the cream with salt, pepper, the soy sauce, mustard and tomato purée until well mixed.
6. Pour the cream mix in the deep glassware.
7. Put the grated cheese over the sausage.
8. Bake the sausage in a preheated oven (225 Celsius) for about 25-30 minutes.
9. Serve with pasta or mashed potatoes.
ENJOY this cheap meal!