A lot of people think that lasagna is a fancy, difficult and most of all: expensive dish to make. With proper planning it doesn’t have to be difficult or expensive at all, it will, however, be a bit time consuming – but it will be well worth it in the end! If you buy the ingredients while they’re on sale and/or with coupons, and adjust the vegetables in in to what’s cheap and in season, it will be a cheap but fancy meal.
Minced meat sauce:
500gr minced meat
2 cubes of meat stock
2 cans of diced tomatoes or tomato sauce
2 tsp black pepper
0.5dcl tomato paste
1-2tbsp soy sauce
1 can of water (use the tomato can)
1tbsp paprika powder
4 cloves of garlic
1 litre of milk or cream
300gr shredded cheese
1-2 packs of lasagna noodles
150gr shredded cheese (to go on top of the lasagna)
- Start preheating the oven to about 200C
- Peel and chop the onions finely
- Heat a frying pan until very hot and put in the butter.
- When the butter has stopped sizzling, put in the chopped onions and cook them until they’ve got a golden colour.
- Put in the minced meat and brown it with the onions. Separate and chop up the meat until its fine and make sure it’s not pink.
- Coat it with the thickening and stir it in
- Add the rest of the ingredients for the Bolognese sauce and stir well!
- Let it simmer for at least 15 minutes to get the flavours out and then put it aside to cool while you make the cheese sauce.
- Melt the butter for the cheese sauce, on a hot stove, and put in the flour or thickening. Stir well, there shouldn’t be any lumps. I always use a whisker when I make the cheese sauce.
- Gradually add the milk or cream and mix until it has thickened and then add more until it’s all in there.
- Pull the sauce pan from the heat and carefully fold the grated cheese in to the sauce, until it has melted completely.
- DO NOT put the cheese sauce back on the stove after you’ve put the cheese in, it’ll make it chewy and stringy.
- Put out lasagna noodles at the bottom of the lasagna dish. Then put a layer of the minced meat sauce & a layer of the cheese sauce in there.
- Putin another layer of lasagna noodles and repeat until there’s no more sauce
- There should be cheese sauce on top.
- Spread the shredded cheese on top.
- Cover the dish in tin foil and make sure it’s wrapped tight over the top.
- Bake it in the oven for 45 minutes on 200 Celsius.
- Turn the heat down to 175 Celsius and let it be in there for another 20 – 30 minutes.
Serve on its own or with a light, fresh salad. Enjoy!