This is literally one of the easiest ways to make baguettes at home, that won’t cost a small fortune (and is superhard to make). You only need a few basic ingredients to make this tasty bread.
2tbsp olive oil
1 pack dry yeast
(1 egg) optional
- Heat the olive oil and water to 37 degrees Celsius on the stove
- Mix the hot water with the yeast to start up the yeast. Mix it in a large bowl or a kitchen aid.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients well for at least 5 minutes in the kitchen aid. It shouldn’t stick to your fingers when you handle it.
- Take it out of the kitchen aid and put the dough on a table, sprinkled with a little flour.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes more and add some more flour if needed.
- Put it back in the bowl, cover it with a baking towel and set it to rise for 60min. Don’t leave it too cold, or the yeast will die. The same thing applies if the opposite happens!
- Heave the dough back on a floured table and cut it into 4 equally big pieces and form them into breads/baguettes. Do NOT knead the dough at this stage!
- Put them on two baking trays, layered with oven paper. Sprinkle some flour on the bread and put baking towels over. Let rise for 30min
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees Celsius while the bread is rising.
- If you want you can brush the bread with the whisked egg, and then grind over some sea salt. It’s optional but adds some flavour.
- Bake the bread in the middle of the oven, one tray at the time, for 15 minutes.
- Let them cool on a cutting board, or something else – but not the baking tray.
- Eat fresh and freeze the bread that won’t be used right away.