This recipe is probably one of the cheapest ways to make bread and if you really have no money, but have these ingredients, you can at least have something to eat!
I don’t have exact measurements for this recipe, since I never make the same amount twice, but as long as it doesn’t stick to anything once you’ve mixed the ingredients together with your hands – you’re fine!
Olive oil/rape seed oil/any oil
(Baking soda, if you have it)
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl until it becomes a smooth dough that doesn’t stick to the bowl or you hands.
- Form small balls from the dough, roll them out to round flatbreads and lay them on top of each other on a plate, with some flour in between to keep them from sticking to each other.
- Fry them for a couple of minutes on each side in a hot frying pan. If you have butter or oil to fry in, use it, but it’s fine if you don’t.
- Eat them fresh with whatever spreads you’ve got at home: jam, butter, cheese etc.
Today I did some meal prepping and I made pizza with sausage, banana and oregano. Last week I bought two pizza kits for 1.50€ per kit, a really good price considering how much food you get off of one pizza. I got 6 portions, but if I can’t handle myself around it, I might eat it in three meals instead of six.
- Pizza kit 1.50€
- Grated cheese 50c
- Banana 50c
- Sausage (leftovers) 35c
Total cost: 2.85€
2.85/6 = 47.5 cents/portion, or 95 cents for 2 portions! Two portions equals 1/3 of the pizza.
A great deal if you ask me!
This is one of my absolute favorite recipes and my best friend always makes me cook this when we meet! It’s a vegetarian rice beef that works well on its own, as a hamburger patty, with meat or with a hearty salad. This recipe make at least six beefs/patties, depending on how big you make them.
To make them fancier and as a buffet dish – use a round gingerbread mold and make round discs and then bread them with panko crumbs before frying them in butter.
3 dl uncooked Jasmine rice
7 dl water or vegetable stock
1-2 cubes of vegetable stock
300 gr grated cheese
1.5 dl bread crumbs
Butter or oil to fry in
1. Bring the water to a boil with the vegetable stock cube(s) in and stir to mix it.
2. Put the rice and and boil on low, with a lid on, until it’s done.
3. While the rice is boiling: combine the cheese and bread crumbs in a large bowl and mix them together lightly.
4. When the rice is cooked – add it to the bowl of cheese and bread crumbs along with the egg. Add some more salt if necessary and combine well while it’s hot. It should be smooth and evenly mixed.
5. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes just to let it combine and the bread crumbs expand.
6. Form patties in whatever size you want.
7. Heat up the pan until hot and fry the patties until they’re golden brown.
Serve and enjoy!