This is a basic, tasty recipe that I use all the time for different chicken dishes. It makes a lot of sauce, but you can easily freeze the sauce in small containers and use later. To make the sauce even tastier – put in the chicken fat that comes off the chicken, if you grill it in the oven. It really adds flavour!
To make this recipe vegan: use vegan butter, vegan milk and vegetable stock instead! (for vegetarian, use vegetable stock)
To make it gluten free: use corn starch instead of thickening/flour.
3-4tbsp curry powder
2 cubes of chicken stock
1 litre of cream
2tsp paprika powder
- Mix the curry powder, turmeric and the paprika powder together in a small glass or a little bowl.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan and whisk in the flour. Make sure there are no lumps, it should be smooth.
- Whisk in the stock cubes and the spices in to the mix.
- Add the cream little by little and let the sauce thicken a bit before adding more.
- Season with salt & pepper, if you want.
- Let it simmer on low heat for a few minutes and make sure that it doesn’t stick to the bottom.