This is my favourite recipe of meatballs and is a basic recipe that can be modified to your liking. For example, you can add 5 cloves of minced garlic, finely chopped cilantro, paprika powder etc.
1kg minced meat
3 dl milk/water
2 tsp salt
1 ½ dcl bread crumbs
3ml ground black pepper
Butter to fry in
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Mix the milk/water with the breadcrumbs in a bowl, with the salt and pepper, and leave it to swell.
- While the breadcrumbs are swelling, chop the onions finely and fry them in the butter until golden brown. Put them aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the minced meat with the onions, the eggs and the breadcrumb mixture. Add more seasoning if necessary.
- Scoop up a generous amount of mix with a teaspoon and form meatballs. Put them on a baking tray, with oven paper on it.
- Bake them in the oven, in batches, until they’ve got a nice dark brown colour.
- The meatballs can be frozen for up to 6 months.
- Serve with boiled potatoes, mashed potatoes or pasta