This is one of my absolute favorite recipes and my best friend always makes me cook this when we meet! It’s a vegetarian rice beef that works well on its own, as a hamburger patty, with meat or with a hearty salad. This recipe make at least six beefs/patties, depending on how big you make them.
To make them fancier and as a buffet dish – use a round gingerbread mold and make round discs and then bread them with panko crumbs before frying them in butter.
3 dl uncooked Jasmine rice
7 dl water or vegetable stock
1-2 cubes of vegetable stock
300 gr grated cheese
1.5 dl bread crumbs
Butter or oil to fry in
1. Bring the water to a boil with the vegetable stock cube(s) in and stir to mix it.
2. Put the rice and and boil on low, with a lid on, until it’s done.
3. While the rice is boiling: combine the cheese and bread crumbs in a large bowl and mix them together lightly.
4. When the rice is cooked – add it to the bowl of cheese and bread crumbs along with the egg. Add some more salt if necessary and combine well while it’s hot. It should be smooth and evenly mixed.
5. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes just to let it combine and the bread crumbs expand.
6. Form patties in whatever size you want.
7. Heat up the pan until hot and fry the patties until they’re golden brown.
Serve and enjoy!