This soup is perfect if you’re on Ann extremely tight budget since you can use any veggies that are cheap or free, as long as you have vegetable stock and some cheap herbs like parsley and dill.
- Vegetable stock cubes
- Dill & parsley
- Swedish turnip
- Cut all of the vegetables, except for the peas, into cubes and put all of the veggies into a large saucepan.
- Add the parsley, dill and cubes of stock.
- Cover with water and bring it to a boil quickly, before lowering the temperature.
- Let the soup simmer until all of the ingredients are cooked through.
- Adjust the stock flavour, it should be strong tasting to be extra filling and tasty.
- Serve with freshly baked bread.
Notice that I haven’t put any measurements or amounts – this is because you will have different amounts available to you at different times. This is what determines what amounts of what vegetables you use and how much you can/want/need to make of the soup. The point is that however much you make this soup is as cheap and simple as it gets, the highest cost is for the stock, parsley and dill.