This might not be the original version of tikka masala, but it’s a good one – one that I make every time I make tikka masala. If carrots and chickpeas aren’t cheap when you want to make it, feel free to add other vegetables – for example peas, cabbage, bell peppers etc.
500gr chicken fillets
1 can of chickpeas
3 cloves of garlic
1 can of coconut milk
5dl cream (1 pint/2cups)
2 cubes of chicken stock
1-2 packs of Tikka Masala spice pouches
Paprika powder, salt and turmeric
Butter to fry in
½dcl tomato purée
2tbsp soy sauce
- Grate the carrot, chop the onion finely and press the garlic cloves
- Chop the chicken fillets to cubes
- Empty the can of chickpeas in a strainer and rinse them with cold water to get rid of the salt water
- Heat up a large frying pan or a cast iron skillet and fry all the vegetables, except the chickpeas until they’re brown
- Add the chicken and let it get some color too, but it doesn’t have to ready in the center
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix it well.
- Let it simmer for at least 10 minutes. Put in salt, paprika powder and turmeric to taste.